Tuesday, September 13, 2005

First Day of Froggie Class


Today was E's first day as a "froggie" in the 4 year old class at nursery school. Last night as I was putting her to bed she said to me,"Mommy, I'm a little bit nervous about school." "Why is that?" "I am afraid I won't have any friends." My heart ached a little for her, since I could completely relate to that particular anxiety. So we talked a little bit about introducing herself, and asking if she can play. We also prayed for her that she would be a good friend and listen to her teacher, and have fun at school.

This morning she seemed ready to go, even dressing herself in a multicolored (stained) shirt, striped shorts, purple socks and white sneakers. I have to say that I didn't even consider letting her wear her chosen outfit. The only thing I let her wear was the sneakers. She didn't seem too disappointed though, and changed into the designated "first day of school" outfit.

So I took her to school, the last year before she starts "real" school. It's hard to believe she is in the Froggie class. I remember how old those kids looked 3 years ago, and now E is there. And to think ahead 3 years and of her starting 2nd grade, my mind can't even go there!

No comments: