Sunday, July 16, 2006

Island Fun


We just returned from our yearly vacation in NH. We were on the island with Cara (who rode up and back with us), and the Lowery family (Katherine, Rusty, TJ, and Teagan). It was a lot of fun, and exactly what I needed... family time with my sisters who I don't usually see on a regular basis (even though Cara now lives around the corner), great long stretches of quiet reading, playing with my kids in the lake and on the sand, and playing Rummy 500 every night after the kids had gone to bed. It might sound funny, but one of my personal highlights of the trip was taking a little trip down to Portsmouth to shop at the Hanna Andersson outlet, a store I have been wanting to go to for years. Another benefit was that some of our cousins live in Portsmouth, so we had lunch with them and caught up a bit. E loved fishing and also really did well in the water, swimming underwater for a few strokes at a time. N liked going in the boat "Boat, Fas-ser?!" (faster) he asked everytime we got ready to go to town. He also liked playing with TJ, who is 4 months older. It is always a little sad when we leave, knowing that it will be another year before we return, but I am also glad to get back to modern conveniences like bathroooms, washing machines, and dishwashers.

E fishing on the dock




No comments: