Monday, July 31, 2006

The Facts

1. According to Babycenter's pregnancy calculator my due date is April 4. That's right-- 3 days after N's due date, who coincidentally, ended up being born on my birthday March 28, much to my own disbelief. Especially since the first thing that came out of my mouth when I found out I was pregnant with him was,"I just hope this baby is not born on my birthday". So I am not even going to think down that road. Besides, if this baby is born at the same time-gestationally speaking- as my other two, it will be born 4 or 5 days before the due date, about March 31.

2. I made this announcement insanely early, so not only do I feel OK (for now), it will be a long, long time before I am due. Although I must admit I feel pretty tired mid-day and need a nap pretty regularly. Is this pregnancy or am I indulging more than usual because I have a good excuse?

3. Yes, we'll find out what this baby is. We didn't with the first two, and I am ready for a little change. Besides, logistically, we need to figure out bedrooms, paint colors, and all that.

4. E's response was a little underwhelming. Besides the fact that she has been praying for this for months, she didn't show much excitement to the news. "We're going to have a baby?" End of conversation. Hopefully as the time approaches, she will get into it. As for N, I haven't even bothered discussing it with him yet. Even if his mind could grasp the concept of a baby in our house, other than him, it is so far away it doesn't make sense to even go there yet.

No comments: