Thursday, March 10, 2005

Sick


So today I woke up with a cold. All I wanted to do was crawl back under the covers, sleep for a couple more hours, and then read for a little bit, and repeat. But as you know, this is an impossibility with small children. It's days like this that I wish I could send the kids off to child care and take a "sick day". Before, I never realized what a luxury a "sick day" was. In fact, I don't think I have had a true sick day since having kids. Generally, I just suffer through until nap time and then I collapse in bed until they wake up. I remember a couple of times Ed has stayed home and watched the kids while I rested, but inevitably there is a problem that only Mommy can solve. Fortunately for me, it ended up that my cold was pretty mild. I took some sinus medication, and was able to sniffle my way through the day which included a play group at my house. Now the kids are in bed and I can either go to bed early myself or watch some t.v.

Hmmm.....

No comments: