Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pack Rat

Yes, that is me. I save everything-- I have stuff I made when I was 5. Today I was in the basement looking for a notebook of sermon notes that I took in 97-98 because I know there are some great sermons in there about Genesis (we are studying Genesis in Women's Bible Study, and I had some questions on the passage we are on this week). Instead I found a different kind of notebook. It held ALL the letters I received (and sent, I made photocopies of my letters) my freshman year of college, and the following summer. Yes folks, it has been some very interesting reading. It is interesting how those letters really take me back to my life then, and my frame of mind. It was fascinating to read, if somewhat embarrassing at times. But they give me hope-- I am not the same person I was then. God IS at work in my life, and he does change people.

No comments: