Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day!

We celebrated the day with my family. The dads that were present included my father, grandfather, uncle, and of course, Ed. It was especially meaningful to be able to spend the day with Dappie because this past week he went into the hospital with chest pains, and ended up having 2 stents put in arteries that were 80 - 90 % blocked. It was a definite scare for everyone in our family, and we are just so thankful that everything went well, and that he is doing fine.

N was worn out by midafternoon, and snuggled up with his Daddy for a nap.

I am thankful to the Lord for blessing me with a husband who is so wonderful with our children. I love watching him joke around with E, and play along with her games (today's games included E's made-up "Sleeping Monster" which involves sneaking up on the other person/monster who is sleeping on the couch and trying to eat them, and "Mother May I?" and "Simon Says", all of which I don't have much patience for) And he is so sweet with N, and takes the time to get down on the floor to play with him and teach him things (like "where's your nose?" -- which he learned, although I have subsequently tried to teach him mouth, ears, bellybutton, etc, with no luck). It's wonderful to be married to a man who experiences such pleasure and joy in his kids, and who desires to spend time with them. It's neat to watch their relationships develop, and see how much E and N love their dad.

P.S. It was hard to tell at first, but I think that N is finally saying "real" words, and I must admit, I think that the first official one was "Da-Da". He said the sound months ago, but in the past couple of weeks he has said it in direct relation to Ed. Followed by "Ma-Ma"(although I am still not convinced he is talking about or to me), and just on Friday, "Bye-Bye". But "Da-Da" was first.

No comments: