Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of Second Grade

I was looking through my archives a few weeks ago, and came upon a post on E's first day of preschool. I wrote,"So I took her to school, the last year before she starts "real" school. It's hard to believe she is in the Froggie class. I remember how old those kids looked 3 years ago, and now E is there. And to think ahead 3 years and of her starting 2nd grade, my mind can't even go there!"


And now here she is, my big second grader, and I still can't believe it! Wasn't it just yesterday that she had those round cheeks and baby-tooth smile? Who is this long-legged girl with the glasses and thoughtful gaze? I know, I know, this will happen over and over throughout my life as a parent. Yet even as I expect it, I still marvel at how my children grow and change all in a blink of an eye.

Anyway, enough of that, here are some fun pictures from the first day.


A special breakfast of waffles:


As E showered, I made her lunch (yes, lots of sugars, perservatives, food coloring, high fructose corn syrup, white bread, etc., etc., but it's a nice feeling to eat some favorite foods when everything else is new):



E, fresh and ready to get dressed:



Hair, pulled back into a nice, tight, cool pony tail (the classroom will probably feel like 90 today):



Ready to go!



Out front, greeted by the principal:



In front of her classroom, with her teacher, Mrs. D:



At her desk, all set ("Mommy, you can go now!"):

3 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

Wow! She's beautiful!
I hope it's a wonderful first day! :)

Amy from Occupation: Mommy said...

Oh, Daisy, what great pictures! I wasn't able to walk Audrey in because they all line up on the playground and their teachers come out to get them. I will have to wait to see her classroom. They are such big kids now. I can't believe that Georgia is going to be in the "Froggies" class next week!!!

chaps said...

I love that last photo. She looks like a beautiful scholar. Love that outfit, too!!