Thursday, October 2, 2008

My first award!

Look at this nice surprise I found when I visited my friend Judy's blog this weekend!

[Award.jpg]

I am just getting around to fulfilling my requirements of an award winner. Apparently I need to award 5 other people, and tell them to award 5 more, etc, etc. Since I am not really into chain-mail and the like, I will award them, but I would say that you don't need to fulfill the rules if you too are spam-shy, or too busy, or just don't want to. Instead, enjoy your award with no strings attached, and ...smile!

In case you're wondering, here are the Smile Award rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

And the awards go to...

1. For the Sake of the Call: Of all the blogs I read, I feel that Angel most fulfills the characteristics of the award. This homeschooling mother of four still finds time to blog! Her posts are thoughtful, real, and sometimes controversial, but she is seeks to serve the Lord in all she does. And too, she is a wonderful friend, and always makes me smile.

2. Find the Mosers: OK, I promised Lise I wouldn't give her anymore Memes, but she does deserve this award. She does amazingly creative things with her kids as she homeschools them, inspires me to be a better mom with my kids, and so I am acknowledging her here.

3. Sutherland: Rachel's blogs have lots of funny and heartwarming stories and videos of her kids, as well as insightful shots into their hearts. I appreciate the way that she writes and shares her life.

4. Anatomy of a Family: I met Judy about a year ago, and found out through her blog that under the disguise of this soft-spoken, quiet woman there lay an amazingly witty and skilled writer. I realize I am kind of "regifting" here, but I felt that she deserves the award, not once, but twice! (And technically, this is a different blog than the one she originally got the award for). According to the "new" rules, as designated by me, she doesn't have to do a thing about it!

And that is all I have for now, as it is very early in the morning and I need to get back to bed.
If nothing else, enjoy exploring some other blogs and the talent that you will find there!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Wow! Thank you! I got so excited when I saw you'd posted and came over hoping for apple pics! I didn't expect this. You're such a dear friend! :)
Now, from one who has been there, step away from the PackRat!!! ;)