Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin for Dinner!



I got this recipe from Trader Joes, and have made it twice in the past week. It is that good. Make it now, before all the pumpkins disappear!

Ingredients:
small pumpkin
tart, peeled and chopped apple
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup of chopped nuts (I used pecans)
brown sugar (to taste)
2 Tbsp butter

Cut open and gut the pumpkin. Mix together the apple, raisins, nuts, and sugar, and stuff the pumpkin. Put butter on top of the mix, and then replace the pumpkin "lid". Place in baking dish and put in 350 degree oven for an hour.

The first time I made this, I followed the directions and baked it in the oven at 350 for an hour, but the pumpkin didn't completely cook, so I had to end up microwaving it. If you decide to bake it, periodically use a spoon to scrape the inside of the pumpkin. When it is soft and comes off easily it is done. It may take an hour an a half. I think it all depends on the size of the pumpkin. The second time I just ended up microwaving it on high for 5minutes at time, until I felt it was done (I think about 20 minutes total).

I served this with roasted chicken and garlic mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

JoshHan said...

sounds and looks interesting...

I'm excited, they are finally putting a Trader Joe's in my area.

EEEEMommy said...

Hmm...I'm all about the pumpkin, but you know me and cooked fruit...