Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Birthday Party- Construction Style

This morning we had the Tuesday Morning Playgroup over for a party-- 12 kids in all. It went reasonably well, and the only casualties were to the birthday boy himself. Once when he fell off his chair, right before the cake and candles, and the other when he was bit in the arm. Other than that, the kids played, ate, and made a little craft.

I have been coaching N to answer the qusetion, "How old are you?" He unreliably answers with "Tdew!" and sticks out any assortment of fingers. He was also very excited about his cake, and questioned me throughout the morning "Cek? Cek?", so when the time came for blowing out the candles, I think he got a little overexcited and toppled onto the floor. After being comforted, he made it 3/4 of the way through the song before blowing out the candles.

At the end we had all the kids sit on the couch for the traditional birthday picture. I tried to get most of the kids in, but there was a lot of movement, and this is the best I could do.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to my big boy!

No comments: