Saturday, August 19, 2006

First Tooth for the Tooth Fairy

A couple of weeks ago E went to the dentist, and came home with the announcement that she had two loose teeth. I couldn't believe it, I thought she wouldn't have any teeth fall out until first grade. Well, she has been wiggling those teeth and today one popped out. It's so funny to see her little smile with a gap-- my baby girl is growing up!!



It will be interesting how long it takes for her to figure out who the Tooth Fairy is. We recently had a conversation that went like this.
"Mommy, I think that the tooth fairy is a person"
"You do?"
"Yes, because fairies aren't real"
"Yes, you're right, fairies are imaginary."
"I think a person comes into the house through the window because all the doors are locked, and takes the tooth."
"Well, I can tell you that isn't how it happens."
"Then how does it happen? Do you know?"
"Yes, but I am going to let you figure it out."
"But I want you to tell me now!"
"I promise I will tell you if you don't figure it out after you lose a few of your teeth."

And she seemed satisfied with that, for now.



No comments: